Today was the day that I was looking forward to, the horse trail ride. Teri, Oma, and I headed out to see the horses that we would be riding. The horse that I rode was dark brown and tall. His name is Slash and he was a really good horse. Teri rode a horse named Buzz and Oma rode a horse named Ruby. There were 12 people, including us, that went on the trail ride. We all started out by going up the mountain behind our hostess’ house. At one point when we were going up a hill, Slash decided to canter instead of trotting. He actually had a really nice canter. Also there was a small creek that we had to go over. Many of the horses jumped but I made Slash walk over it.
When we got to the top, we got off to have lunch. The sight up there was really nice; we could see Fort Hall, Idaho, and another town. After a few minutes’ break, we climbed back on and headed down the mountain. Going downhill was really painful. We had to go back over the little stream of water. My horse decided that he needed to jump this time. Well, I stayed on, but it wasn’t pretty. When we got back to the horse trailers, I was in so much pain.
The trail lasted about four hours. Slash was well suited for my level of riding ability. The people that we went with were really nice. It was so neat, so exciting and so much fun that I definitely would love to do it again.
Later that day, Opa, Oma, Teri, Dad, James, Amelia and I went to Lava Hot Springs to ease our stiffness. When we got there, we all went in the coolest pool first. Soon after that Dad, James and I went to the next hottest pool and so on. At Lava there are four pools. This time I actually went into the hottest one. Then after that we went back to the coolest one, where the rest of the family was. It actually felt kind of cool after the other three. Amelia was having so much fun because she could walk off the edge and then mommy would catch her. The water felt so good after four hours of riding. We left at 9:30, but Teri and Dad then went to a Bed and Breakfast because it was their anniversary. I got to take care of Amelia for the night.
![]() |
| Make a digital slideshow |

No comments:
Post a Comment