Tuesday, May 3, 2011

March and April Trips

Hi All,

I last promised you a blog about our trips in the last two months. During the second week of March, I went to Washington, D.C. for a conference. While I have traveled to and toured D.C. several times, this trip was made extra nice by being able to meet up with Paul's sister Tracy and her daughters. I rode the Metro out to the end of the line, where Tracy picked me up. Then she, Erin, Emma and I went out to eat. It's the first time I've met Emma, who's three. Erin is a whiz with electronics. She spent a lot of time looking at pictures on my phone and laptop. I think we all had a good time.

I also took a couple of hours away to tour the National Archives. I've never before had the time to do so and so had missed seeing the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. I kept expecting movie stars to pop out at me, though. Too many times seeing "National Treasure".

During the kids' spring break, we drove to Tennessee to see family. Actually, we went so that Kristen could go to Kindergarten with Paul's aunt Sondra. Kristen is considering a career in early elementary education. While there, Paul, James, Amelia and I took a side trip to Helen, GA, to see the hills, east some German food, and bring back wine and pastries. Amelia added another state to her list: North Carolina!

On our way back up to Ohio, we stopped in to meet Paul's newest nephew, Lincoln. He seems to be a very sweet, easy-going babe.

Hope you enjoy the pictures,

Teri


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital slideshow created with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment