Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 06-Southern Colorado Sites

(James)

We went to the Royal Gorge, which is a river at the bottom of a canyon. The rocks and the river were very pretty. The part that looked like fun was the cable car that goes from one side of the Royal Gorge to the other side. We also saw the bridge at Royal Gorge that you could walk across and look at the river.

We tried to eat at a picnic table above the gorge. I said we tried, because we got attacked by gnats. Dad looked like a dog shaking his head. It got very annoying very fast, so we decided to eat in the car.

We drove to the Great Sand Dunes National Park which was tons and tons of fun. The funniest part is that it seemed like it took forever to walk to the dunes. The most fun was going down the hills. The most exhausting part about the dunes is going up the hills. We went up and down a few hills and then left.

On the way to the campsite, we saw Chimney Rock. I thought it was pretty wicked. That night in the campsite we slept in a tepee. In the tepee, there were two cots. I thought the tepee cots were comfortable because I slept on one of them. The only bad part about the tepee is that there a hole in the top where they put sticks in a bundle to hold it up. I think tepees are easier than a tent.



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free photo slideshow generated with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment