Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 05-The Betz Family

(James)

The Betz Family is very cool. There is Jeremiah of course, Linus, Juliette, Christian and Megan. I think Megan is a wonderful cook. Linus liked me as soon I walked into door. At first he asked me to play Frisbee with him outside. Then we came inside and there was my favorite toy track, THOMAS THE TRAIN! I haven’t played with it forever but I was pretty impressed with the track I made. After playing on the track with the toys, we had to eat dinner. Megan cooked spaghetti and bread; I really liked it. I played with Linus for a little while with his toys.

The one thing I liked the most was going to the Air Force Academy were Jeremiah works. He showed us around and we saw the chapel. We couldn’t go inside because the chapel was closed when we were there. I thought the funniest thing is that the freshmen have to run around the academy. While we were there, Jeremiah showed us his office and did some experiments for us. He put hydrogen and oxygen in a coke bottle, which made a pretty loud POP as it combined to form water. He also did an experiment called Whoosh where he put methanol in a really big water container. When he lit it, there was some fire, a loud “Whoosh!” and then the fire went out. Jeremiah asked me, “Why did the fire got out”, and I said “There’s no air,” and he said, “Excellent!” After that, he poured the methanol on the counter and lit it. He got his hand wet and then put his hand in it. He let his hand flame for a while and then blew it out. The cool part is when he touched it, the fire changed color.

We went back to Jeremiah’s house, talked until 11:00 and had some peach cobbler. I think Jeremiah has really good humor and he does really good expressions. The next morning, we woke up and had some pancakes and eggs. I built Linus a really cool Lego spaceship. Then we went off on the road again, I just can’t wait to get on the road again. Oh sorry - that song has been stuck in my head the whole entire trip.



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a free slideshow design

No comments:

Post a Comment