Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Our Western Adventure



In my last post, I promised you the rest of the story about our trip. Amelia and I set out for Salt Lake City on Sunday the 7th. Unfortunately, the fog in Denver had other ideas. Our plane originated in the Mile High City and, therefore, was two hours late getting in to Dayton. Our connecting flight to Salt Lake was long gone by the time we reached Denver, so we spent the night in a nearby hotel. Wrestling a stroller, a carry-on, a backpack and two checked bags, ALONE, through Denver airport was not in the original plan.

Meanwhile, due to the hotel cancellation policy that meant I was paying for the Salt Lake hotel anyway, mom checked in to our room there and went shopping for trifling things like diapers and formula. Mom was also able to procure my poster, which had been shipped to the hotel, so that I would have it for the Monday afternoon presentation.

Monday, Amelia and I left the Denver hotel at 4 AM. We made it in to Denver without any other incident. Did I mention that Amelia is a wonderful flyer, especially if other folks are paying attention to her? (I'm not THAT interesting.) Mom picked us up at the airport, took us to breakfast and then took Amelia off somewhere while I got a nap and shower. I was able to present my poster on time and in reasonably decent mental state, given the hectic schedule and lack of sleep.

Tuesday, Wednesday and half of Thursday was spent at the conference while mom and Amelia roamed the hotel, talked to strangers and met me at the Conference Center door. After the meeting concluded, we set off for mom and dad's house 2.5 hours away in Inkom, Idaho.

We had a good visit in Idaho. It would have been much better if all the adults hadn't come down with a 24 hour intestinal flu. Amelia and I returned to Ohio without incident on Monday the 15th.

Thanks mom and dad for hosting us and special thanks to mom for giving up her days and nights to babysit in Salt Lake.

Teri




Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Away We Go
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This picture slideshow customized with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment