Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Wonderful, Crazy Season

Hi All,

So sorry it's been over a month since I posted. I think my title says it all (or at least most of the story). December was a blur of activity.

On the 13th, the three moms and babies from work got together for lunch. All three babes were born between April and June of 2009. Paul, Kristen, Amelia and I had to leave early from the luncheon to pick up James and get to Kristen's choir concert.

A few days later, we attended the 7th, 8th and high school combined band concert. Kristen was out of her uniform before I could get to her, but I got a picture of James in his shirt and tie.

We celebrated our Christmas at home on the 23rd, to allow time on the 24th for friends and a nice meal. Kristen and James left late Christmas Eve to spend Christmas Day with their mom. Although it was peaceful here for the next few days, I was sewing my handmade gifts right up to the day we left to go to Tennessee.

We drove to see Paul's families on New Year's Eve. We enjoyed ringing in the new year at Paul's Aunt Sondra's.

Unfortunately, New Year's Day marked the beginning of our not-so-wonderful holiday. Amelia woke up with pink eye. Fortunately, Paul's step-mom is neighbor to a retired pediatrician, preventing us from having to sit in an urgent care office for hours. By that evening, I was suffering from a vicious GI bug. Kristen followed in my footsteps a few hours later and James came down with it a few hours after that. Paul held out for 24 hours, but managed to stay sick longer than the rest of us. It was a miserable trip home on the 3rd. Kristen is the only one that returned to her normal schedule on Monday the 4th. Amelia and James went back Tuesday, while I worked some from home. Paul and I finally showed up at work on Wednesday.

I hope you enjoy our pictures of our December and I hope you all had a Blessed Christmas.

Teri


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: December 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment