Hi all,
As you can see, I've added a few items to the blog already. Scroll down to the bottom for the "baby cam". At the right, I've added a couple of lists.
I was reluctant to add baby wish lists. There are many reasons. One, I'm way too busy to drive around registering at different stores for too much stuff for my house to hold. Often, you end up with items you'll have to store until Baby is old enough to use them. Well, we don't have room.
Two, we're in the process of repainting the upstairs, staining new doors for upstairs and (hopefully) turning the half bath downstairs into a full one. So there's not much room for baby stuff in a construction zone. I will add pictures of James' and Kristen's newly redecorated rooms as soon as we remove the clutter that belongs in the baby's room. Speaking of which, the room will be purple and white (Kristen picked the purple) and I will be using material from Grandma Bement for the valance and crib bumpers. For those of you that recall, there was a twin bed upstairs in Emma's old house. The bedspreads and curtains, which were from Aunt Amy, got packed up and stored in Gram's shed when she moved to the trailer. One bedspread is in good condition and will be kept for a twin bed later. The rest will be used for accessories in the room now, as many pieces have yellow stains that can be cut around. I have attached a picture of the material to jog people's memories.
Back to my list. Three, I have and intend to continue to turn down offers to throw showers. They have several drawbacks. They require registering at stores. They require attendance; this is a major issue as all of our families are out-of-town. They require money laid out; many folks are having enough problems with income without laying out money on this baby, which will be well provided for. Four, showers seem to mandate new items. Aside from the car seat (I would never get a used one - could have been in an accident), I will take hand-me-downs. Babies don't use most of these things long enough to need new everythings.
So there are my thoughts on the subject. I'm serious about using nice second-hand items. I don't care what color those used items are, but if you do decide to buy Baby something, please avoid baby pink and Pooh. Green and purple items are often available instead.
Thanks,
Teri
Nice fabric. I just put together a very cheap crib that we finally got for Nora. (she was still in the pack n play at the foot of our bed) Guess I will wait to see if Tim wants to take it back if he doesn't like it. I put it up without using 1 nut or bolt. Plastic components. Cole and I pulled and pushed on it everyway we knew how and it seemed sturdy but it makes me feel uneasy. Its white, Jenny Lind. It is made of real wood but that is all I can say for it. Anyway, an idea from someone who has lived without closets much of the time I have had babies and now 4 kids in a 1200sq ft house. When mom made the crib skirt, I always requested extra long. I could keep rubbermaids under or some sort of storage for clothes too big/small and hide the mess. The ones you buy in the store always are too short.
ReplyDeleteAs for the clothes. I thought I had all pink but surprisingly I had lots of purple and green colors and a lot of clothes with the browns mixed in.
I really like the idea of using your Grandma's fabric. A great story to tell.